Muster Talent Search
The iconic Muster Talent Search is a competition to find and support emerging musical talent from across Australia. The competition is steeped in history and has uncovered some amazing talent including Brooke and Samantha McClymont of the McClymonts, Drew McAlister and Mark O’Shea to name only a few past winners. Prizes include opportunities to work with some of the best industry professionals to launch an amazing career!
Semi finalists are selected by a panel of music industry experts and invited to perform on the Main Stage of the Gympie Music Muster on Friday 26 & Saturday 27 of August 2016. During these rounds judges will select 3 finalists in the open category, and the winners in the Junior category, all of whom will be invited to perform on the Main Stage at the Grand Final on Sunday 28 August.
Total prize value = Over $30,000
Junior Talent Winner will receive:
- FENDER GUITAR or other instrument of similar value.
- PERFORMANCE SPOT at 2017 Gympie Music Music
- MUSTER SOUVENIR PACK valued at $500
- PERFORMANCE SPOT 2017 Tamworth Country Music Festival
Open Category Winner will receive:
- FENDER GUITAR or other instrument of similar value
- ARTIST MENTORING by Chandler Music Works (Value $3000).
- IN STUDIO RECORDING – Recording of a 4 track EP in PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL RECORDING STUDIOS. Includes access to hand-picked Nashville session musicians (Value $10,000)
- MUSIC VIDEO (FILM CLIP) PRODUCTION – A one-day video shoot along with post production of the debut single from the EP
- CD GRAPHIC DESIGN– CD artwork designed by White Tiger Graphics.
- CD PRESSING – The pressing of 500 CDs by MAD CD’s
- RADIO DISTRIBUTION – CDs distributed to radio stations throughout Australia by CRS Publicity
- SOCIAL MEDIA – Strategy development and support (12 months)
- WEBSITE – WordPress Website and Digital Marketing Plan by MEDIA ME
- PHOTOGRAPHY – A photo package with JOHN ELLIOT PHOTOGRAPHY
- A SCHEDULED PERFORMANCE AT TAMWORTH LEAGUES CLUB, during the 2017 Tamworth Country Music Festival
- A SCHEDULED PERFORMANCE AT THE 2017 NORFOLK ISLAND COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL
- PLUS $1000 FOR TRAVEL EXPENSES TO NORFOLK ISLAND FESTIVAL THANKS TO THE MUSTER!
- AND A SCHEDULED PERFORMANCE ON MAIN STAGE AT THE 2017 GYMPIE MUSIC MUSTER
Total Prize Value = Over $30,000
2016 Muster Talent Search Sponsors
Talent Search Organisers
The 2016 Muster Talent Search is organised by the Gympie Muster Limited in conjunction with Australian Institute of Country Music(AICM) . The two organisations share a building at 26 Channon Street, Gympie.
How to Apply
To enter the digital heats of the Muster Talent Search submit the online entry form in full, upload one clear and presentable photograph, in high definition .JPEG or PDF format, no larger than 2MB in size plus links for two auditions before Midnight AEST, 11 July, 2016.